Date: April 14 – 15, 2016
Venue: Fairmont Grand Hotel, 1 Naberezhno-Khreschatytska str., Kyiv, Ukraine
Kyiv Security Forum is an annual event organized by Arseniy Yatsenyuk’s “Open Ukraine” Fund held since 2007.
Both Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko and just resigned Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk attend the opening part of the event.
This year the main theme of the Forum will be dedicated to the latest developments in Ukraine and at its borders, their preconditions and possible consequences for the state, region, Europe and even the world at large.
Two days discussions in 6 main sessions will be centered around the topic of security in action. In particular, the following questions will be raised by the 9th Kyiv Security Forum participants:
– Western support of Ukraine: bringing together democratic allies;
– Success of Ukrainian transformations and economic reforms as an engine for change in the region;
– THE WORLD ON THE EDGE: CLOSING SECURITY GAPS:
– Global security trends: what are the sources of instability?
– Western Democracies: do they have a plan?
– Russia: how to confront the challenge from Moscow?
– Syria – center of clashes by global actors?
– The terrorist threat: its roots and ways to protect against a worldwide danger;
– RUSSIA: NUREMBERG OR YALTA AHEAD?
– SHAPING UKRAIN’S NATO INTEGRATION;
– DISCUSSION: CRIMEAN TWILIGHT: HOW FAR THE RUSSIAN WORLD WOULD GO?
– PROMOTION THE UKRAINIAN INTERESTS IN THE EU: WHAT DID WE LEARN FROM THE DUTCH REFERENDUM OF THE APRIL 6, 2016.
Please follow the links to find more detailed information on 9th Kyiv Security Forum agenda and speakers.