News & Analysis Center of the National Security Council of Ukraine presents the latest updates from the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine on February 6, 2016 at its daily briefing.
(1) The situation in the war zone in Eastern Ukraine became worse over the last day. The enemy opened fire 84 times (each 4th from heavy weaponry) upon Ukrainian troops, which is a new record;
(2) Luhansk direction: silence remains on this direction. No shelling over the last 24 hours;
(3) Donetsk direction: situation more or less quite on Svitlodarska line; 5 provocations from the Russian armed forces side took place over the last day; the situation remains tense in Zaytseve and Mayorsk, the enemy continues shellings all day long with the use of heavy weaponry; calm situation reported from Horlivka to Yasynuvata; heavy shellings continue during 24 hours on the way to Donetsk airport; enemy’s snipers have been seen also in Pisky;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy intensifies shellings with mortar launchers, especially in Gnutove and Talakivka; Russian armed forces shelled also the village of Shyrokine; Ukrainian troops got under snipers’s fire in Krasnogoryvka, Maryinka and Shyrokino;
(5) No casualties reported among Ukrainian armed forces for the last 24 hours, but 11 Ukrainian soldiers were wounded.