Russia – Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 19, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russia’s hybrid forces opened fire 73 times upon Ukrainian troops over the last day, including 12 times on Luhansk direction, 38 times on Donetsk direction and 23 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian occupiers fired with forbidden 122-mm mortars and automatic grenade easels at Zolote; the enemy also opened fire with heavy 122-artillery and small arms in Novozvanivka and Kalynove; Russian occupiers also used grenade launchers in Popasna, Novooleksandrivka, Novotroytske, Krymske and Zolote; to this end, the enemy hit a secondary school in Stanytsya Luganska;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces launched attacks with forbidden by the Minsk agreements 152-mm artillery against Ukrainian forces in Troyitske and Semygirya; Luhanske and Leninske came under the enemy’s 122-mm artillery; Russian occupiers shelling with mortars, grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine guns and small arms took place on Toretsk – Avdiivka front direction; Russian forces used APCs fire in Novoselivka, Verkhnyotoretske, Novgorodske and Luhanske;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian occupiers actively used 122-mm artillery against Ukrainian troops near Myrne; Maryinka, Pavlopil and Krasnogorivka came under Russian mortars and grenade launchers fire; the enemy used grenade launchers and machine guns large caliber in Novotroytske and Shyrokino; Russian armored vehicles were spotted near Maryinka and Talakivka; to this end, Ukrainian defenders repelled Russian subversive group attack near Bogdanivka;
(5) 7 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last day;
(6) 3 Ukrainian servicemen were killed in action and 6 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.