Russia – Ukraine war timeline on May 17, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense: Russian armed forces and their militants opened fire 18 times upon Ukrainian troops positions in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, inclusing 1 time on Luhansk direction, 7 times on Donetsk direction, and 10 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy violated ceasefire regime near Tryokhizbenka and Novozvanivka with the use of small arms and heavy machine guns;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces engaged 2 hours combats near Avdiivka with opening fire from mortars, 122-mm self-propelled howitzer 2S1 Gvozdika, and tanks; the enemy released about 58 artillery, 15 tank shells and 50 mines upon Ukrainian troops positions; Ukrainian intelligence service reports that the enemy used 2 Orlan-10 for adjusting the fire and further refine results of fire destruction; Ukrainian positions near Maryinka have been shelled by Russian small arms; to thisd end, Russian forces opened fire upon Ukrainain troops positions 5 times from heavy weaponry on this direction over the last day;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy continues ceasefire regime violation all across the front line; for instance, Russian forces released about 50 mines at Ukrainian positions near Dokuchaevsk; the enemy opened fire upon Ukrainian positions in Novotroytske from forbidden 120-mm mortars as well as used small arms and grenade launchers while shelling at Ukrainian troops in Dokuchaevsk;
(5) Russian armed forces and militants’ recent losses in the war zone in eastern Ukraine are as follows: 1 killed and 3 wounded in the area of Mariupol and
(6) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 5 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours.