Russia – Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 23, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russia’s hybrid forces opened fire 54 times upon Ukrainian troop positions in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last day, including 12 times on Luhansk direction, 22 times on Donetsk direction and 20 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: situation intensified on this direction, 3-hours-long massive Russian firing from small arms, grenade launchers of various systems, armored vehicles and mortars reported in Stanytsya Luhanska; the enemy also violated ceasefire regime in Lopaskine, Krymske and Zolote; Russian occupeirs fired with forbidden 152-mm artillery at the village of Trypillya (15 km far from the front) and released 6 rounds there;
(3) Donetsk direction: 40-minutes-long combat between Russian subversives and Ukrainian troops in Avdiivka, as result 3 Russian occupiers killed, no losses among Ukrainian forces; the hottest spots reported in Avdiivka industrial area, Kamyanka and Novoselivka Druha, where Russian forces opened fire from mortars; in particular, the enemy released 40 shells from 122-mm cannon artillery during 30 minutes upon Ukrainian positions there; Luhanske, Verkhnyotoretske and Pisky;
(4) Mariupol direction: the main combats reported in the area of Krasnogorivka, Maryinka and Shyrokine, where Russian forces released about 130 mines of 82-mm and 120-mm calibers upon Ukrainian positions; Russian forces also opened fire at Novotroytske, Granitne, Vodyane and Hnutove; to this ens, 10 times the enemy opened fire from heavy weapons on this direction;
(5) Russian hybrid forces losses in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 5 killed and 4 wounded;
(6) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 8 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.