Russia – Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 27, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine is tense as Russian hybrid forces increased the number of attacks over the last day. In particular, the enemy opened fire 88 times upon Ukrainian troop positions, including: 20 times on Luhansk direction, 37 times on Donetsk direction and 31 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: as a result of Russian occupiers shelling, transmission lines for electricity supply was damaged in Stanytsya Luhanska and 12.000 civilians have no electricity, water and phone connection; another hot spot reported in Krymske, where the enemy 3 times opened fire from the heavy 122-mm artillery and released 70 shells; a series of Russian armed provocation reported also in Syzhe, Zolote and Popasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces violated ceasefire regime all across the front line, especially all across the Svitlodarska line, near Zaytseve, in Avdiivka industrial area, on Avdiivka – Pisky front direction, where the enemy actively used mortars, cannons and tanks; in addition, Russian forces hit 2 residential houses in Avdiivka during night shelling; Russian modern ECM radar ”Infauna” was spotted in the settlement of Spartak, Ukrainian intelligence reports;
(4) Mariupol direction: 1 Ukrainian volunteer shot dead by the Russian sniper in Shyrokino and 1 more civilian was wounded at the cross point of Maryinka by the enemy’s fire; Russian occupiers continue massive attacks of Ukrainian positions with batteries of mortars and cannons all across the frontline; the enemy also launched powerful 2-hours attacks and released more than 180 shells upon Ukrainian positons near Shyrokino; to this end, Russian forces shelled 7 times with the heavy weaponry on this direction, in particular they used 82-mm, 120-mm mortars and 152-mm cannon artillery;
(5) Russia’s armed forces have 5 wounded over the last day in the war zone in eastern Ukraine;
(6) Russia continues supply of its armed forces and proxies in eastern Ukraine with weaponry and manpower, in particular, 4 APCs, 4 military trucks with manpower and ammunition and 2 fuel tankers arrived to the village of Shcherbak, Novoazov district; 7 Russian tanks arrived to the village of Kuznetsovo – Mykhaylivka, which is located not far from Russia – Ukraine border; echelon with military equipment arrived to Sverdlovsk;