Russia – Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 1, 2017 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Situation remains tense in the war zone in eastern Ukraine. Russian hybrid forces violated ceasefire regime 35 times over the last 24 hours. Russian hybrid force continue use weaponry forbidden by the Minsk agreements. In particular, the enemy opened fire upon Ukrainian troops positions 1 time on Luhansk direction, 17 times on Donetsk direction and 17 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian sniper fire reported in Novooleksandrivka Popasna district;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian occupiers fulfilled a series of attacks on different front direction; In particular they used small arms, mortar launchers and armored vehicles at Svitlodarska line, where released 25 mines; the enemy violated ceasefire in Verkhnyotoretske and 3 times Zaytseve with the use of APCs fire; Russian armed provocation with the use of small arms, than mortar shelling and finally attacks with tanks reported on Kamyanka – Avdiivka – Butovka mine front line;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces shellings with mortar launchers and barrel artillery reported in Krasnogorivka and Maryinka, where they released in total 50 shells and mines as well as hits residential areas; tense situation reported on Pavlopil – Shyrokino frontline; Russiam forces fulfilled mortar shellings in Vodyane and Shyrokino;
(5) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 9 were wounded in actions in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.