Ukraine war updates on April 21, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine is as follows: Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire in total 33 times over the last day, including 9 shellings from the large caliber arms; in particular, the enemy fired 7 times on Donetsk direction, 22 times on Mariupol direction and 4 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: The enemy violated ceasefire regime in Schastya, Vodyane and Novozvanivka; 1 Russian shelling fulfilled from mortars, forbidden by the Minsk agreements;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian occupeirs fired from 120-mm mortars upon Ukrainian strong points in Popasna and used 82-mm moratrs against Ukrainian forces in Zaytseve; The hottest spot remains in Avdiivka, where the enemy opened fire from mortars of both calibers, different systems of grenades, machine guns as well as small arms; the enemy also fulfilled shellings at Berezove, Krasnogoryvka and Butyvka mine, including 4 times from the forbidden mortars;
(4) Mariupol direction: Despite the intensive attacks on Maryinka, where Russian occupiers 15 times used the whole arsenal of weapons, including forbidden 82-mm mortars, control remains over Ukrainian troops; the enemy also fired upon Ukrainian positions in Shyrokino 4 times mortars shellings; to this end, Russian armed provocation reported all across the front line on this direction;
(5) Ukrainian troops returned fire 14 times upon Russian occupiers over the last day and forced the enemy to step back;
(6) The latest losses among Russian armed forces and proxies in the war zone in eastern Ukraine are as follows: 10 killed and 12 wounded, Ukrainian intelligence reports;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian troops, but 4 Ukrainian servicemen wounded in action near Avdiivka over the last 24 hours in the war zone in eastern Ukraine.
Image credits mediarnbo.org