Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 1, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified. Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire 85 upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, in particular: 13 times on Luhansk direction, 37 times on Donetsk direction and 35 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian firefights reported in Popasna district with active use of mortars and armored vehicles; Russian forces fired with 82-mm mortars and grenade launchers at Novotoshkivske, Novozvanivka and Krymske; the enemy used grenade launchers fire in Novooleksandryvka, Stanytsya Luhanske and Popasna; to this end, Russian occupiers opened fire 4 times from heavy weaponry on this direction;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian occupiers launched massive attacks with heavy weapons at Avdiivka – Krasnogorivka frontline; in particular, the enemy uased 120-mm mortars, 122-mm and 152-mm artillery in Avdiivka industrial area and released 20 mines and 80 artillery shells there; Russian heavy mortar shelling reported in Pisky and Krasnogorivka; active combats reported also in Horlivka and Donetsk, where the enemy used mortars during up to 6 hours; to this end, 14 times Russian forces opened fire from heavy weaponry on this direction;
(4) Mariupol direction: a series of 1-2 hours-long Russian mortar shelling reported at Krasnogorivka – Maryinka frontline; 3 Russian mortar shelling reported in Shyrokino; Ukrainian defenders repelled an attacks of the Russian subversive group near Bogdanivka; Russian occupiers violated ceasefire regime all across the frontline; to this end, 7 Russian attacks with the used of heavt weapons reported on this direction;
(5) Russian armed forces’ losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last day are as follows: 3 killed and 10 wounded;
(6) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 6 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.