Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 11, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified again. Russian hybrid forces launched 67 attacks against Ukrainian troops over the last day, in particular: 12 on Luhansk direction, 23 on Donetsk direction and 32 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces fulfilled mortar amd grenade launchers shelling near Stanytsya Luhanska; Ukrainian forces positions in Novooleksandrivka, Novozvanivka and Zolote have been shelled by the enemy with grenade launchers; Russian occupiers used high caliber machine guns in Popasna; the enmy was also active at Bahmut road;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces actively used mortar, grenade and machine-gun fire at Avdiivka industrial area over the last day; the enemy’s attacks with forbidden heavy artillery reported in Opytne; 120-mm and 82-mm mortars fire used by the enemy against Ukrainian troops in Luhanske and Nevelske; Russian forces opened fire with grenade launchers at Novoselivka Druha; Russian occipiers activities reported also in the area of Donetsk airport;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian occupiers opened fire with forbidden by the Minsk agreements heavy 122-mm artillery and released 70 shells upon Ukrainian positions in Vodyane; the enemy opened fire with machine guns, grenade launchers and mortars at Maryinaka – Shyrokino front line; Russian anti-aircraft installations fire reported in Novotroyitske; Russian forces used armored vehicles against Ukrainian troops in Starognativka, Talakivka and Maryinka; Russian snipers fire reported in Shyrokino and Talakyvka;
(5) 3 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in the war zone, in particular 2 – over Mariupol direction;
(6) Russian hybrid forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the period August 8-9 are as follows: 5 killed and 16 wounded;
(7) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 4 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.