Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 12, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine decreased. Russian hybrid forces launched 42 attacks against Ukrainian troops over the last day, in particular the enemy opened fire 7 times on Luhansk direction, 15 times on Donetsk direction and 20 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces launched attaks with grenades of different systems at Zhovte, Novooleksandrivka, Novozvanivka and Popasna; in addition, Russian 82-mm mortar launchers fire reported in Popasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdiivka and Luhanske came under Russian grenade launchers, machine guns and mortar fire; the emeny fulfilled attacks with 120-mm and 80-mm mortar launchers, heavy machine guns and anti-aircraft installations upon Ukrainian positions at Svitlodarska line; Russian occupiers also used heavy machine guns in Leninske; Russian armed provocation with small arms reported in Verkhnyotoretske and Leninske;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian hybrid forces actively uaed forbidden 120-mm and 820mm mortars, large caliber machine guns and grenade launchers of various systems against Ukrainian troops in Shyrokino, Taramchuk, Vodyane and Pavlopol; the enemy opened fire with machine guns at Berezove, Starognativka and Talakivka; Russian APCs were spotted in Shyrokino, while Russian antiaircraft installations – in Chermalyk; Russian occupeirs used small arms against Ukrainian troops in Starognativka and Maryinka as well as sniper fire;
(5) Russian hybrid forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 1 killed and 7 wounded;
(6) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 4 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.