Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 14, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine intensified again. Russian hybrid forces opened fire 56 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, in particular the enemy opened fire 6 times on Luhansk direction, 23 times on Donetsk direction and 27 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian mortar fire reported in Novotroytske; the enemy opened fire from grenade launchers at Novozvanivka, Novooleksandrivka, Stanytsya Luhanska and Zhovte;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces launched a series of mortar shelling at Avdiivka and Luhanske; 82-mm mortars used by the enemy in Zaytseve, Leninske, Mayorsk, Svitlodarsk and Novoselivka; Russian occupiers opened fire with grenade launchers and machine guns of large calibers in Novgorodske and Troytske;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces violated ceasefire regime and released more than 100 shells of forbidden by the Minsk agreements 122-mm artillery upon Ukrainian positions in Lebedynske and Solodke; the enemy also opened fire with mortars, grenade launchers and heavy machine guns against Ukrainian troops in Talakivka, Maryinka, Novortoytske, Hnutove and Pavlopol; combas between Russian occupiers and Ukrainian defenders reported in Mykolayvka and Bogdanivka; Russian antitank missile system fire took place near Starognativka; Russian snipers fire reported in Maryinka;
(5) Russian UAVs was spotted over the sky in the war zone in Toretske;
(6) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman, but 3 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.