Russia – Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 17, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian occupiers violated ceasefire regime and Minsk agreements all across the frontline and opened fire 52 times upon Ukrainian troops positions, including 9 times on Luhansk direction, 23 times on Donetsk direction and 20 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian occupiers launched attacks with forbidden 122-mm artillery at Vrubivka; the enemy used grenade launchers of different calibers, APCs and sniper fire during shelling at Stanytsya Luganska, Novooleksandrivka and Popasna;
; in Novooleksandrivka, Zhovte and Zolote; the enemy’s 2-hours-long sheeling with forbidden 120-mm mortars reported in Stanytsya Luhanska; Russian occupiers fired with small arms in Stary Aydar and Katerynivka; Russian sniper fire reported in Zhovte;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdiivka, Zaytseve, Maroyrsk and Luhanske reported as the hottest spots on this direction, where Russian forces launched 120-mm and 82-mm mortar attacks upon Ukrainian positions as well as used grenade launchers and machine guns of various large calibers; Russian occupiers’s armed activities reported also in Verkhnyotoretske, Kamyanka, Novoselivka Druha and Novgorodske;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy released 60 shells from forbidden 122-mm artillery at Chermalyk; Russian forces opened fire with with heavy cannons of 122-mm caliber in Novoselivka and Maryinka; the heavist 152-mm artilley howtizers have been used by Russian forces in Rybinske; the enemy opened mortar fire in Slavne, Lebedynske, Krasnogorivka, Chermalyk and Shyrokino; Russian APCs and sniper fire reported in Novogrygorivka and Maryinka;
(5) Russia continues to supply its regular armed forces and proxies in the war zone in southeast Ukraine; in particular, 15 tankers of fuel and lubricant as well as railway wagons with ammunition arrived to occupied territory of Lunahsk Oblast;
(6) Russian hybrid forces losses in the war zone in southeat Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 4 killed and 5 wounded;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman, but 8 (!!!) serviceman were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.