Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 2, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine remains tense. Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire 54 upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, in particular: 4 times on Luhansk direction, 36 times on Donetsk direction and 14 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces violated ceasefire regime with sniper and mortar launchers fire in Krymske and Popasna; to this end, 1 tine Russian occupiers fired with heavy weapons on this direction
(3) Donetsk direction: active combats reported all across the frontline; the enemy released more than 200 mortar mine upon Ukrainian positions; main hot spots reported in Svitlodarska line, Zaytseve – Mayorsk direction; Avdiivka industrial area and Opytne; to this end, 22 times Russian occupiers used heavy weapons on this direction;
(4) Mariupol direction: the hottest spots reported in Krasnogorivka and Hnutove – Shyrokino line, where Russian forces actively used heavy weaponry and released 130 mortar mines at Ukrainian troops positions; the shortest firing duration was 15 minutes and the longest one – more than 2 hours, statistics reports; Russian occupiers violated ceasefire also in Novomykhaylivska, Taramchuk and Hranitne; to this end, 6 times the enemy opened fire from heavy weaponry on this direction;
(5) 3 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last day, Ukrainian intelligence reports; besides, Russian complex of electronic intelligence and electronic warfare “Dzyudoyst” operation was spotted in the area of the village of Rozdolne (the territory occupied by Russian forces);
(6) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 2 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.