Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 4, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine remains tense. Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire 38 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, in particular: 1 time on Luhansk direction, 21 times on Donetsk direction and 16 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces launched attacks at the village of Novozvanivka, Popasna District;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces launched round-the-clock attacks at Avdiivka industrial area, which resulted damages of power lines, water supply is under question and Avdiivka coke plant switched to the emergency mode operation; in particular, Russian antiaircraft installations firing as well as sniper fire reported in Avdiivka; the enmey also used forbidden 120-mm and 82-mm mortars as well as grenade launchers while shelling upon Ukrainian positions in Avdiivka and Mayorsk; in particular, Russian occupiers opened 15-minitues-attack upon Ukrainian border duards at Mayorsk cross point; the enemy also violated Minsk ceasefire regime in Zaytseve twice by using forbidden heavy 122-mm artillery shells and released 35 shells; Russian occupiers used large-caliber machine guns, grenade launchers and small arms in Nevelske and Troytske; the enemy fired with APCs in Novgorodske; to this emd, 10 tines Russian occupiers fired with heavy forbidden weapons on this direction;
(4) Mariupol direction: Krasnogorivka – Maryinka and Hnutove – Shyrokino are two hot front directions, where Russian forces actively used mortars and machine-gun fire against Ukrainian troops positions; it worth mention, that Russian forces released 30 shells during 20-minutes-attack upon Ukrainian positions in Shyrokino; the enemy fired with heavy artillery in Shyrokino and with APCs in Maryinka; Russian snipers active fire reported in Krasnogorivka and Hranitne; to this end, 6 times Russian forces opened fire from heavy weapons on this direction;
(5) Russia continues supply of its regular troops and proxies in southeast Ukraine with weaponry and ammunition, in particular: Russian military echelon with 2 wagons of anti-tank and land mines, 6 wagong with ammunition, 1 – with
medical supplies and 1 – with uniforms arrived to Illovaysk railway hub.
Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in Donetsk Oblast, the war zone in eastern Ukraine;
(6) Russian forces’s losses in the war zone over the last day are as follows: 4 killed and 8 wounded;
(7) No lethal casualties among Ukrainian servicemen, but 7 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.