Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 9, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine remains tense. Russian hybrid forces opened fire 47 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, including: 11 times on Luhansk direction, 16 times on Donetsk direction and 20 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces violated ceasefire regime in Novotoshkivske, Novozvanivka, Novooleksandrivka and Popasna with the use of mortar fire, grenade launchers, machine guns and small arms; the enemy also used grenade launchers, small arms and sniper fire in Zolote; 4 times the enemy opened fire from heavy forbidden weapons;
(3) Donetsk direction: the hottest spots remain the same, in particular – Svitlodarska line, Avdiivka industrial area, Horlivka, Opytne; Russian occupiers fulfilled 1 attack with 152-mm heaviest forbidden artillery in Luhanske and 6 mortar attacks all across the frontline; the enemy used mortars and grenade launchers of different calibers at ;Troyitske – Verkhnyotoretske – Avdiivka front direction; Russian attacks with machine guns fire reported upon Ukrainian troops positions near Kamyanka, while grenade launchers fire – upon positions in Mayorsk;
(4) Mariupol direction: the epicenter of firefight was in Shyrokino, where the heaviest attacks launched by Russian hybrid forces, in particular: 1-hour-long massive artillery attack with 145 artillery shells released, 2 heavy mortar attacks with 100 mortar mines released as well as attack with forbidden 122-mm cannons; the enemy also used mortar fire and released 116 mines at Krasnogorivka, Hnutove and Vodyane; grenade launchers, the enemy also opened fire with machine guns and small arms at Maryinka and Starognativka; 9 Russian attacks reported from heavy forbidden weapons this direction;
(5) 2 Russian UAVs and 1 more unmanned aerial vehicle ‘Orlan-10’ (produced for the Russian Government) were spotted over the sky on Mariupol direction over the last day;
(6) Russia continues supply of its troops and proxies with manpower and ammunition: 4 wagons with spare parts for tanks and 7 tankers of fuel and lubricants arrived to the Donetsk railway hub; 4 wagons and 6 tankers of fuel and lubricants arrived to Kuteynukove railway station; 5 tanks, 3 APCs-2, 2 self-propelled artillery guns of 152-mm caliber, 2 military trucks ‘Ural’ and 2 wagons with manpower arrived to the Illovaysk railway hub;
(7) Russian hybrid forces’s losses over the last day are as follows: 9 wounded;
(8) 1 Ukrainian serviceman killed in action and 5 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine (all cases on Mariupol direction) over the last 24 hours.