Ukraine war updates on March 1, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) Russia armed forces fired 54 times upon Ukrainian positions in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hour: 35 times on Donetsk direction and 19 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the situation was calm on this direction over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: ceasefire regime implemented on Zaytseve – Mayorsk line first time for the last months; Meanwhile, shelling from the enemy side continues on Svytlodarska, Novoselyvska lines and Novgorodsk; Donetsk airport, Pisky and Krasnogoryvka were the hottest spots yesterday, Russian forces 7 times fired with the use of forbidden mortar launchers there;
(4) Mariupol direction: tense atmosphere remains on this direction; Russian forces continue ceasefire regime violations in Maryinka and Hnytove areas; the enemy once used forbidden 82-mm mortars fire and twice sniper’s fire on the whole direction; Ukrainian armed forces returned fire on Russian proxies to step back their provocations;
(5) Convoy with military hardware arrived from Russia through Novoazovsk to the war zone in south-east Ukraine, including 6 armored combat vehicles, four trucks with ammunition and two tankers;
(6) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian forces over the last day, but 3 Ukrainian servicemem were WIA.