Ukraine war updates on April 1, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) New armed escalation fulfilled by the Russian forces and their allies in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours: Russian armed forces opened fire from cannon artillery batteries, in particular, from 122-mm howitzer 2A18 (D-30) and 152-mm howitzer 2A65 upon Ukrainian troops positions right from the contact line; in addition, Russian forces released around 100 artillery shells and more than 370 mortar mines during the last day; Russian armed forces and their allies opened fire 77 times during the last day, in particular: 47 times on Donetsk direction (each 3d from heavy arms), 26 times on Mariupol direction and 4 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy violated ceasefire regime in Popasnyanskiy district with the use of mortars, anti-aircraft guns and other weapons; due to the Russian aggressive action, checkpoint in Zolote temporary suspended its operation;
(3) Donetsk direction: combats continue all across the frontline, but the hottest spots remains in Zaytseve and Avdyivka; Russian forces used APC during shelling at Ukrainian positions near the village of Luhanske, in particular, the enemy released 50 shells from 73-mm cannons during half an hour there;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian armed forces attacks continue in Maryinka, Novotroyitske, and on the Hnutove – Shyrokine frontline with active use of mortar launchers; Ukrainian forces repelled all attacks there; 26000 civilians have no gas supply as result of armed action fulfilled by Russian occupiers in Maryinka and Krasnogoryvka;
(5) 1 Ukrainian serviceman killed (near Avdyivka) in action and 8 wounded in action in the war zone in eastern Ukraine during the last 24 hours.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.