Ukraine war updates on April 11, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the frontline escalated again: Russian armed forces opened fire 64 times (each 3rd from heavy arms) upon Ukrainian troops positions, including 41 times on Donetsk direction, 18 times on Mariupol direction and 1 time on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian armed forces fulfulled a series of shellings toward Stanyutsya Luhanska;
(3) Donetsk direction: the hottest spots reported on Yasynuvata – Horlivka frontline as well as near Avdiivka; Russian forces opened fire with mortars launchers at Scitlodarska line, Zaytseve and Mayorsk; Russian snipers activated on several sector across the frontline; 2/3 of all shelling in the war zone in eastern Ukraine reported on this direction; Russian forces opened fire with the use of the forbidden by the Minsk agreements 120-mm mortars near Troytske and Luhanske as well as with 82-mm mortars near Talakyvka, Mayorsk, Novoselivka; the Russian enemy used forbidden heavy arms during shelling at Ukrainian positions near Berdyanske, in particular they released 35 shells from 120-mm receiver artillery; Kremlin armed forces used antiaircraft installations, grenade launchers, machine guns, small arms and sniper fire during shelling at Novotryoitske, Pisky, Novgorodske and Verkhnyotoretske;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian armed forces in Sakhanka used howitzers to release 30 shells upon Ukrainian troops positions; Russian forces actively used sniper fire, mortars and APC during shelling upon Ukrainian positions near Maryinka; the enemy opened fire upon Ukrainian positions near Shyrokino with the use of forbidden 82-mm mortars;
(5) Many losses reported among Russian armed forces and their proxies over the last day: in particular 14 dead and 19 wounded militants transported to Donetsk hospitals;
(6) Ukrainian troops were forced to return fire following mentioned above numerous of Russian militants armed provocations, in total Ukrainian servicemen opened fire 7 times over the day;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman, but 2 servicemen were wounded in action during the last 24 hours.