Ukraine war updates on April 2, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) Russian armed forces opened fire 65 times during the day in the war zone in eastern Ukraine, including: 46 times on Donetsk direction, times on 11 Mariupol direction and 8 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy violated ceasefire in Popasnyanskiy district again, provocations continued all day long, in particular, Russian forces opened fire from the occupied town of Pervomaysk; Russian forces fulfilled numerous attacks with the use of forbidden grenades, large caliber machine guns, and anti-tank missiles at Novozvanyvka, Boguslavske and Stepne;
(3) Donetsk direction: the hottest spots remain in Zaytseve and Avdyivka; in particular, Russian armed forces shelled Ukrainian troops positions with forbidden 82-mm and 120-mm mines 6 times in Avdyivka, once in Zaytseve and 1 time in Nevelske; Russian armed forces activated attacks on the south direction, near the settlements of Pisky and Nevelske); 90 mortar mines have been released by the enemy upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day; grenades, large caliber machine guns, anti-tank missiles were used by the Russian enemy in Pisky, Novgorodske, Opytne and Butyvka mine;
(4) Mariupol direction: Maryinka was the epicenter of Russian attacks yesterday; Russian occupiers opened sniper, grenade launcher and small arms fire numerous times there; Russian forces used anti-tank missiles during attacks in Novotroytske; Russian UAV was spotted near the village of Lebedynske;
(5) Russia supplies its armed forces and proxies in the war zone in eastern Ukraine with the new weaponry – Ukrainian intelligence service reports, in particular: 4 MT-LB (light multi-purpose armored towing vehicles), 10 trucks, 120 tonnes of fuel and lubricants, 3 wagons with spare parts for tanks arrived to Khartsyzsk railway hub; 240 tonnes of fuel and lubricants have been transported to the railway station; and 15 tanks and 7 trucks with ammunition arrived in Luhansk;
(6) Following the above, Ukrainian troops were forced to return fire 12 times over the last 24 hours in eastern Ukraine to stop Russian armed forces aggression at Ukrainian territory;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen for the last day, but 4 servicemen were wounded in action, in particular 1 in Avdyivka and 1 in Zaytseve.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.