Ukraine war updates on April 6, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense and trending to the escalation: Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire upon Ukrainian troops 76 times over the last day there (the day before 61 times), including 23 times from forbidden by the Minsk aggreement 82-mm and 120-mm mortars. In particular, the enemy opened fire 55 times on Donetsk direction and 21 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the situation was calm on this direction over the last 24 hours;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdyivka remains the hottest spot, where the enemy 22 times opened fire (50% of all Russian shellings over the last day on this direction); the enemy actively used mortar fire and as result, a residential house was demolished and several pets have been killed; Luhanske, Zaytseve, Opytne, Pisky and Donetsk airport came under the Russian fire from forbidden arms as well; civilian hit a mine in Pisky; in particular, the enemy opened mortar fire 18 times and released about 100 mines upon Ukrainian armed forces position;
(4) Mariupol direction: situation intensified here; the hottest spot was Shyrokino, where a series of mortar launchers fire released by the Russian forces; two times Russian sniper opened fire in Maryinka; another mortar shelling took place in Krasnogoryvka; Russian forces used APC during attack in Novotroyitske; a series of attacks took place all arcoss the frontline; in total, the enemy fulfilled attacks with the use of mortar fire 6 times on this direction; to this end, the enemy released 35 mined upon Ukrainian troops positions in Shyrokino, Lebedynske, Vodyane and Krasnogoryvka;
(5) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen over the last day, but 4 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in eastern Ukraine.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.