Ukraine war updates on April 7, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces and their proxies continue shelling in the war zone in eastern Ukraine, in particular, they opened fire 67 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, including 49 times on Donetsk direction and 17 times on Mariupol direction and once on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy used antiaircraft installations and automatic grenade launchers during attacks of Ukrainian troops positions in Novozvanyvka, Popasnyanskiy district;
(3) Donetsk direction: the situation remains hot; the enemy fulfilled attacks from infantry fighting vehicles in Luhanske; 11 Russian attacks took place in Avdyivka, where the enemy shelled from mortars of different calibers; Russian armed forces opened mortart and artillery fire in Nevelske, Novgorodske, Opytne, Zaytseve, Donetsk airport and Butyvka mine with the use of ; Russian armed forces used small arms and sniper fire in Pisky and APCs at Svytlodarska line; grenade launchers, machine guns, anti-aircraft units and infantry weapons; at least 100 mines have been relased by the enemy upon Ukrainian troops positions on this direction over the last day;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces opened fire 6 times upon Ukrainian positions in Maryinka with the use of grenade launchers, machine guns, anti-aircraft units and infantry weapons; the enemy also used mortars during attacks upon Ukrainian defence units near Shyrokino and Krasnogoryvka; Ukrainian troops were forced to returned fire, as the enemy’s attacks rapidly increased on this direction;
(5) For the last day, 5 Russian servicemen killed and 9 wounded in the war zone in eastern Ukraine, intelligence service reports;
(6) Russia continue to supply their regular armed forces and proxies in eastern Ukraine with weaponry and manpower; in particular, 150 tonnes of diesel and 3 wagons with ammunition arrived to Maryivka, 500 tonnes of diesel fuel and 540 tonnes of petrol arrived to Krasnodon railway hub, 260 tonnes of diesel and 400 tonnes of petrol arrived to Rovenky;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen over the last day, but 1 serviceman were wounded in action near Avdyivka in the war zone in eastern Ukraine.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.