Ukraine war updates on April 8, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces opened fire 73 times upon Ukrainian troops positions in the war zone in eastern Ukraine during the last day, including 54 times on Donetsk direction, 16 times on Mariupol direction and 3 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy shelled Tryokhyzbenka, Stanytsya Luhanska and Popasna suburb
(3) Donetsk direction: 3/4 of all shelling in the war zone reported on this direction, moreover each 3d shelling was fulfilled with the use of heave arms; Russian occupiers activated their attacks all across the frontline, but the hottest spot remains in the town of Avdyivka (Avdiivka), where combats continue round the clock; Ukrainian armed forces returned fire several times to stop enemy’s provocations; Russians concentrated their activities (manpower and weaponry) near Yasynuvata, Yakovlyvka, Mineralnogo and used mentioned settlements to open fire toward Avdyivka; Russian armed forces actively used UAVs in the area of Maryinka; tense situation and Russian shellings reported also at Svytlodarska line, Horlivka suburb and Donetsk airport; to this end, the enemy actively used mortars and APCs during attacks over the day;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian snipers shelled Ukrainian positions in Maryinka; the enemy used 2S1 Gvozdika two times in Novotroytske; 3 Russian mortar shelling took place in Pavlopol;
(5) 1 Ukrainian serviceman killed in action and 12 more servicemen were wounded in action during the last 24 hours in the war zone in eastern Ukraine.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.