Ukraine war updates on March 30, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains extremely tense, as Russian armed forces used high measure forbidden cannon artillery against Ukrainian troops; Russian armed forces opened fire 72 times upon Ukrainian positions, in particular, 52 times Russians shelled on Donetsk direction, 9 times on Mariupol direction and 7 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Number of Russian attacks dramatically intensified on this direction; 2 sniper shellings took place in Schastya; the enemy violated ceasefire regime many times in Popasnyansky district with the use of grenade launchers and small arms fire; 2 civilians were wounded in Novooleksandryvka and Troytske;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdyivka and Zaytseve reported as two hottest spots on this direction, where combats continue round the clock; Russian enemy released about 250 mines upon Ukrainian troops positions there; in particular, the enemy used forbidden 152-mm cannon artillery against Ukrainian forces; Russian snipers fire activated in Novgorodske, Avdyivka and Opytne; in general, tense atmosphere remains all along the frontline from Svytlodarsk line to Donetsk airport;
(4) Mariupol direction: epicenter of Russian fire reported in Shyrokino, where the enemy released 2 mortar attacks upon Ukrainian forces positions; ceasefire violations also took place in Starognatyvka, Vodyane and Talakyvka;
(5) Russian UAV was spotted over the Ukrainian territory on Bilosarayska kosa (20 km on the south west from Mariupol).
(6) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian troops in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, 4 servicemen were wounded in action.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.