Ukraine war updates on March 31, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) Russian armed forces and their proxies continue attacks upon Ukrainian troops positions in the war zone in eastern Ukraine with the use of weaponry, forbidden by the Minsk agreements; over the last 24 hours the enemy opened fire 49 times there, in particular: at leat 32 times on Donetsk direction, 14 times on Mariupol direction and 3 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy’s provocations with the use of small arms, grenade launchers and machine guns of large calibers took place twice near Tryokhizbenka; Russian snipers shelling took place in Papasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: the enemy opened mortars fire 7 times and also used heavy 122-mm cannon artillery upon Ukrainian troops positions near Avdyivka; 4 Russian 152-mm 2A36 Giatsint-B were spotted between Maryivka and Yasynuvata (8 km indeep the frontline); 120-mm and 82-mm mortars fire were used by the Russian forces against Ukrainians near Opytne and Pisky; Russians also used APCs for attacks at the settlement of Luhanske; Russian proxies also intensify their activities on the north-west suburb of Horlyvka (Zaytseve – Novgorodske direction);
(4) Mariupol direction: warfare intersified on this direction; Shyrokino, Pavlopol, Talakyvka and Hnutove were shelled by the Russian forces with mortar launchers; in particular, Russians released about 100 mines from the mortar launchers at the Hnutove – Shyrokino frontline; Ruissian snipers fire took place in Hranytna nad Maryinka;
(5) No lethal casualties among Ukrainian troops in the war zone in eastern Ukraine reported during the last 24 hours, but 1 serviceman was wounded in action near Avdyivka.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.