Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 14, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zonebecame worse. Russian armed forces and their proxies intensified attacks at Ukrainian troops positions and opened fire 72 times in total in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day, in particular: 45 times on Luhansk direction, 30 times on Donetsk direction and 37 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Stanytsya Luhanska and Novotoshkivka reported as the hottest spots on this direction;
(3) Donetsk direction: the situation reported as the most tense and without any chanches; Russian occupioers systematically use heavy weaonry against Ukrainian troops such as mortars and cannons; the enemy fulfilled artillery firing in Avdiivka and at Opytne-Pisky frontline; mortar fire have been used by the Russian occupiers all across the frontline; Russian sniperes opened fire two times near the village of Pivdenne; the enemy also violated ceasefire regime at Svitlodarska line; Russian forces have launched 152-mm howitzer 2A65 and 3 BM-21 Grads at Maryivka; to this end, 18 of 30 Russian shelling fulfilled from the heavy and forbidden by the Minsk agreements weaponry;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian armed forces used 152-mm cannons and mortars while firing at Krasnogorivka – Maryinka line and near Shyrokino; Russian sniper fire was also actively used at mentioned settlements; the enemy conduct shelling at the secondary school in Krasnogorivka; Russian occupiers mortar shelling reported in Starognativka; to this end, 14 of 37 Russian shelling fulfilled from heavy weaponry;
(5) Several Russian UAVs were spotted by Ukrainian intelligence over the sky at the Ukrainian territory;
(6) Russia continues to supply its regular armed forces and proxies in eastern Ukraine with weaponry, in particular: 2 tanks, 2 APCs, 2 BM-21 Grads, 5 tankers with fuel and lubricants arrived to Illovaysk; 7 tankers with fuel and lubricants and 3 wagons with ammunition arrived to Khartsyzsk;
(7) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day are as follows: 6 killed and 9 wounded;
(8) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 6 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day.