Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 27, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine does not changed so far. Russian armed forces and their proxies launched 39 attacks against Ukrainian troops over the last day, in particular: 17 on Donetsk direction and 22 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: situation reported as calm on this direction over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian occupiers used cannon artillery in Avdiivka and Butivka mine against Ukrainian defenders; the hottest spot remains in Avdiivka, where Russian forces firing upon Ukrainian troops positions with 122-mm artillery, 120-mm and 82-mm mortars; high caliber machine guns and small arms; Russian mortar firinf reported also in Nevelske, Zaytseve and near Butovka mine; the enemy used antiaircraft installations against Ukrainian forces near Opytne; Russian forces opened fire with high caliber machine guns at Pisly, Novgorodske and Novoselivka Druha; to this end, grenade launchers have been used by the enemy in Luhanske;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy fulfilled massive firing with forbidden by the Minsk agreements 120-mm and 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers and small arms at Krasnogorivka; Russian occupiers also opened fire with grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine guns and small arms in Shyrokine, Maryinka and Novotroytske; to this end, 4 times the enemy opened fire from heavy weaponry on this direction;
(5) 4 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last day;
(6) Russian armed forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last day are as follows: 4 killed and 6 wounded; in addition, Russian military truck hit a mine the day before yesterday, as result 12 Russian occupiers killed and 17 wounded;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 3 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.