Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 29, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine is tense. Russian armed forces and their proxies fired 56 times upon Ukrainian troops over the last day, in particular: 2 times on Luhansk direction, 33 times on Donetsk direction and 21 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy fired with grenade launchers at Lopaskyno;
(3) Donetsk direction: Avdiivka remains the hottest spot, where the enemy launched 11-hour-long firefights and released 30 mines over the day; Russian occupiers used numerous times 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers of different systems, antiaircraft installations, heavy machine guns and small arms against Ukrainian troops in Avdiivka; the enemy used 82-mm mortars in Troytske and Mayorsk; Russian forces fired with grenade launchers at Novgorodske and Zaytseve; to this end, the enemy used heavy machine guns against Ukrainian troops positions in Luhanske; 7 times Russian occupiers opened fire with heavy weaponry;
(4) Mariupol direction: 30 Russian subversives with grenade launchers and small arms attempted to seize Ukrainian positions in Maryinka and forces Ukrainian troops to return fire; Russian occupiers opened fire from 82-mm mortars at Maryinka, Vodyane and Krasnogorivka; the enemy opened fire with grenade launchers Pavlopil, Shyrokine and Hnutove; to this end, Russian forces launched attacks with heavy machine guns at Starognativka and Lebedynske; the enemy opened fire 4 times with heavy weaponry on this direction and 1 combat;
(5) 3 Russian UAVs were spooted over the sky in the war zone in southest Ukraine (Bakhmut root, Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast);
(6) Russian armed forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last day are as follows: 3 killed and 8 wounded;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 3 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.