Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 30, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine remains tense. Russian armed forces and their proxies fired 52 times upon Ukrainian troops over the last day, in particular: 16 times on Luhansk direction, 23 times on Donetsk direction and 13 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces launched 2-hours-long attacks upon Ukrainian positions with machine guns and grenade launchers of various systems as then with mortars in Popasna district; in addition, the enemy opened fire in Lopaskyno and Zolote; to this end, 4 Russian firing reported from heavy weaponry;
(3) Donetsk direction: active Russian firefights reported at Svitlodarska line in Luhanske and on front direction Avdiivka – Pisky; in particular, 7-hours-long combats reported in Avdiivka industrial area, where the enemy used massive mortar and grenade launchers fire as well as sniper fire against Ukrainian defenders; Russian occupiers launched artillery firing near Nevelske; also Russian forces fulfilled several armed provocation in Horivka; Russian forces released more than 100 mines upon Ukrainian troops over the last day on this direction and 11 times used heavy and forbidden weaponry;
(4) Mariupol direction: Krasnogorivka reported as hottest spot on this direction, where Russian forces launched massive mortar attacks of 2,5 hours duration and released 70 mines upon Ukrainian troops positions; Russian occupiers violated ceasefire regime all across the, frontline in particular near Maryinka, Starognaivka, Granitne and Vodyane; the enemy fired with anti-tank grenade launchers, high gauge machine guns and small arms at Marinka residential area and provoke damages for several houses;
(5) Russia continues supply its troops and proxies in the war zone in southeast Ukraine; in particular, 6 wagons with ammunition and military equipment on the platform (8 tanks and 4 APCs) arrived to Kharstsyzsk railway hub; Russian column of military equipment (19 tanks, 11 armored vehicles, 3 BM-21 Grads, 2 self-proppeled artillery systems, 44 military tucks with ammunition, 34 fuel tankers) moved through Russian – Ukrainian border cross point Izvaryne;
(6) Russian armed forces losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last day are as follows: 2 killed and 4 wounded;
(7) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed and 1 serviceman was wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.