Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of July 31, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in southeast Ukraine dramatically intensified. Russian armed forces and their proxies launched 70 attacks against Ukrainian troops over the last day, including forbidden by the Minsk agreements 120-mm mortars and 152-mm artillery. In particular, the enemy opened fire 6 times on Luhansk direction, 39 times on Donetsk direction and 25 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces used APCs, 122-mm artillery, 120-mm and 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers of different systems, heavy machine guns and small arms as well as sniper fire in Novooleksandrivka and Krymske; the enemy opened mortars and machine-gun fire at Kosharna and Novozvanivka;
(3) Donetsk direction: 1/3 of all ceasefire violations reported at Avdiivka industrial area; 110 artillery shells released by the enemy upon Ukrainian positions in Avsiivka and Pisky; Russian occupiers launched attack with forbidden 120-mm mortars in Troytske; situation in Donetsk airport; is not calm as well; the enemy used artillery fire in Pisky; in addition, the enemy used mortars, machine guns, grenades of different systems and small arms at residential areas of Horlivka and Avdiivka; Russian forces used infantry armored vehicles near Nyzhne Lozove; to this end, Russian sniper fire reported in Svitlodarsk and Mayorsk;
(4) Mariupol direction: Vodyane, Maryinka and Krasnogorivkareported the hottest spots on this direction, as the enemy opened fire there from different types of mortar launchers; in addition, Russian occupiers used APCs fire in Krasnogorivka; Russian forces fired upon Ukrainian troops positions with mortars, heavy machine guns, grenade launchers and small arms in Shyrokine, Hranitne and Talakivka; 2 Russian subversive groups attempted to break through Ukrainian positions in Maryinaka, but Ukrainian troops repelled attack;
(5) Russian armed forces’ losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last day are as follows: 1 killed and 12 wounded;
(6) Lo lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 4 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.