Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 17, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces opened fire 46 times upon Ukrainian troops positions in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last 24 hours, in particular: 3 times on Luhansk direction, 18 times on Donetsk direction and 24 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Ukrainian positions near Novooleksandrivka and Popasna came under the enemy’s heavy fire from 82-mm mortar launchers, grenade launchers and small arms; meantime, Russian armed forces used grenade launhcers while shelling at Novozvanivka;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces continue attacks upon Ukrainian troops near Avdiivka; 10 times Ukrainian troops came under Russian firing from small arms and grenade launchers of different systems near Maryinka; in addition, Maryinka checkpoint across the contact line came under militant fire, which resulted injuries for 2 civilians; Russian amed forces fulfilled a series of shelling from APC, anti-aircraft twin-barreled autocannon ZU-23-2, heavy mortars and 2 times from tanks upon Ukrainian fortifications near Krasnogorivka; in addition, Russian armed forces released 30 mines of 82-mm and 120-mm calibers upon Ukrainian positions near Troyitske; in the meantime, Russian forces released 20 mines at Ukrainian positions in Nevelske; the enemy also opened mortar fire upon Ukrainian troops positions in Nevelske, Luhanske and Troyitske; while near Zaytseve and Novgorodske the enemy used large caliber machine guns and automatic grenade launchers again Ukrainian defenders;
(4) Mariupol direction: the hottest spot reported in Krasnogorivka, where the enemy released 80 mines, used tanks and APCs against Ukrainian troops; Russian armed forces opened fire from large caliber machine guns and grenade launchers of various systems at Ukrainian strongholds near Shyrokino, Vodyane, Hnutove, Slavne and Novotroyitske;
(5) 50 soldiers arrived to Yasynuvata from the terrotory of Russian Federation, Ukrainian intelligence reports;
(6) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone for the last day are as follows: 3 killed in action, 4 wounded in action and 3 more injured as result of car accident;
(7) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action near Avdiivka and 5 more were wounded in action in the area of Maryinka and Mayorsk in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.