Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 20, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces opened fire 31 times upon Ukrainian troops positions in the war zone in southeast Ukraine during the last 24 hours, in particular: 6 times on Luhansk direction, 14 times on Donetsk direction and 11 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces used grenade launchers of different caliber during firing at Ukrainian positions near Novooleksandrivka and Popasna as well as – mortars near Novozvanivka;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces continue attacks with forbidden 82-mm mortars against Ukrainian forces positions near Butovka mine; the enemy used 120-mm mortars fire while shelling at Ukrainian positions near Zaytseve and Avdiivka; Russian forces opened fire from small arms, machine guns and grenade launchers upon Ukrainian positions near Mayorsk and Luhanske;
(4) Mariupol direction: the hottest spot remains in Krasnogorivka, where the enemy opened fire from forbidden by the Minsk agreements 82-mm, 120-mm mortars, tanks, 152-mm artillery and released in total more than 150 mines and artillery shells at Ukrainian troops positions; Russian armed forces fulfilled a series of shelling from automatic grenade launchers at Ukrainian troops positions near Maryinka, and from small arms – at Hnutove, Talakivka and Shyrokino;
(5) 1Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 2 more servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.