Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 25, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone became worse. Russian armed forces fulfilled 61 attacks upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last 24 hours, in particular: 9 times on Luhansk direction, 24 times on Donetsk direction and 28 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces opened fire in Popasna and Novozvanivka with small arms, machine guns and automatic grenade launchers as well as forbidden mortars; the enemy released 50 mines upon Ukrainian troops positions;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces used small arms, large caliber machine guns and grenade launchers while shelling at Opytne, Verkhnyotoretske and Luhanske; while, Russian occupiers used in addition to the mentioned above types of weapons – 82-mm mortars in Zaytseve and Mayorsk; the enemy opened fire from 122-mm artillery upon Ukrainian positions near Pisky; to this end, Russian forced used APCs, grenade and mortar launchers against Ukrainian troops in at Avdiivka and Butovka mine; it worth mentioned, that Russian forces used cannon artillery in Avdiivka and released 130 mines and 26 shells against Ukrainian troops;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy opened fire at Maryinka, Shyrokino, Lebedynske and Starognativka with all types of small arms and grenade launchers; meantime, Russian occupiers shelled Kransnogorivka, Taramchuk, Talakivka, Vodyane and Chermalyk from forbidden by the Minsk agreements mortars; to this end, 10 times Russian forces opened fire form forbidden heavy weapons;
(5) Russian armed forces and their proxies have the following losses in the southeast Ukraine: 3 killed and 3 wounded; in addition, 26 bodies of Russian soldiers have been transported from Donetsk city hospital to the territory of Russian Federation;
(6) No lethal casualties among Ukrainian serviceman, but 2 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day.