Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 27, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone remains tense. Russian armed forces fulfilled 36 attacks upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last 24 hours, in particular: 4 times on Luhansk direction, 15 times on Donetsk direction and 17 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces continue firing at Ukrainian troops positions in Popasna district; it worth mentioned, that 2 times the enemy opened fire from heavy weapons on this direction;
(3) Donetsk direction: first time Russian armed forces didn’t use heavy artillery against Ukrainian troops on this direction; meantime, heavy Russian mortar attacks reported in Troyitska, Novoselivka Druha and Avdiivka; the enemy opened massive fire at the Avdiivka industrial area after 5pm, which resulted 6-hours-long combats between Russian and Ukrainian armed forces there; Russian shelling also reported at Yasynuvata – Yakovlivka line; to this end, 9 times the enemy opened fire from heavy arms;
(4) Mariupol direction: the enemy actively used APCs and mortars all across the frontline; the most tough confrontation took place near Maryinka and Dokuchayivsk, where Ukrainian troops were forced by Russian occupiers to return fire; in particular, 5 times the enemy opened fire with heavy weapons;
(5) 3 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky at the territory of southeast Ukraine (Pervomayska-Popasna, Bahmut district and Kostyantynivka district);
(6) Russian armed forces and their proxies have the following losses in the southeast Ukraine: 6 killed and 15 wounded in Luhansk Oblast;
(7) 1 Ukrainian serviceman killed in action and 4 more servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day.