Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 29, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone remains tense. 51 times Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last 24 hours, in particular: 3 times on Luhansk direction, 24 times on Donetsk direction and 24 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian attacks against Ukrainian forces positions positions reported in Krymske, Zolote and Novozvanivka; in particular morar firing took place in Novozvanivka, where the enemy released 28 mortar mines;
(3) Donetsk direction: the hottest spot remains in Avdiivka industrial area, where Russian forces firing round the clock; the enemy used mortar launchers numerous times in Novgorodske and Avdiivka – Krasnogorivka area and released 120 mortar mines upon Ukrainian troops positions; to this end, 6 times the enemy opened fire from forbidden heavy weapons;
(4) Mariupol direction: the situation does not changed; the enemy continues the use of forbidden by the Minks agreements heavy arms; in particular, Russian massive artillery firing as well as Russian sniper fire reported in Novotroytske and Lebedynske; constant aggresive enemy’s actions forced Ukrainian troops to return fire, in particular near Dokuchaevsk and Talakivka – Shyrokino front line; to this end, 4 times Russian forces opened fire from heavy weapons;
(5) 4 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky at the territory of southeast Ukraine;
(6) Russia continues to supply its regular armed forces and allies in the southeast Ukraine with weponry: 2 military trucks with ammunition and 1 more with spare parts for military vehicles arrived to Sverdlovsk, Luhansk Oblast; in addition, 7 tanks of fuel and lubricants arrived to Rovenky railway hub;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman, but 4 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day.