Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 30, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone dramatically intensified, as 66 times Russian armed forces and their proxies opened fire upon Ukrainian troops positions: 17 times on Luhansk direction, 28 times on Donetsk direction and 21 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy fulfilled 2 attacks in Novuy Aydar; Russian 8-hours-long massive mortar and artillery firing at Ukrainian troops positions reported near Novozvanivaka and Novooleksandryvka; to this end, times opened fire
(3) Donetsk direction: the situation became worse at Svitlodarska line, where Russian forces initiated massive firing at Ukrainian positions with APCs, tanks, mortar launchers and self-propelled artillery guns; 10-hours-long heaviest combats took place at Bakhmut – Debaltseve root between the settlements of Luhanske and Logvynove; the enemy also opened fire from mortars and cannons upon Ukrainian positions at Luhanske – Troytske direction; in addition, Russian forces fulfilled armed provocation in Mayorsk, Novoselivka Druha and Avdiivka industrial area; to this end, 16 times the enemy opened fire from forbidden heavy weapons;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian firefights took place all acrtoss the frontline; Maryinka, near Dokuchaevsk, Starognativka, Taramchuk – Shyrokine front line; to this end, 3 times Russian forces opened fire from heavy weapons;
(5) 3 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky at the territory of southeast Ukraine;
(6) Confirmed Russian armed forces and proxies losses in the war zone in southeast Ukraine for the period June 28-29 are as follows: 23 killed and 24 wounded;
(7) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 11 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last day.