Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 5, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces continue ceasefire violations in southeast Ukraine; Russian forces opened fire 49 times upon Ukrainian troops positions, including 3 times on Luhansk direction, 15 times on Donetsk direction and 31 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: situation was calm over the last 24 hours;
(3) Donetsk direction: the hottest spots reported near Donetsk airport, Avdiivka, Pisky and Opytne, where Russian forces used forbidden by the Minsk agreements 82-mm and 120-mm mortars, armored vehicles, antiaircraft automatic guns, grenade launchers and small arms; in addition, Russian sniper fire reported near Pisky; another hot spot reported in the suburb of Horlivka; the enemy also opened fire upon Ukrainian positions near Zaytseve from forbidden 82-mm and 120-mm mortars, grenade launchers and small arms; the village of Kirovske have been shelled from Russian grenade launchers; another Russian sniper fire was spotted near the village of Novgorodske, to this end, the enemy used heavy machine guns and small arms near Luhanske at Svitlodarska line;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian fire was concentrated from the settlements of Dokuchaevsk, Stakhanka and Staromykhaylivka; Russian forces fulfilled mortar attacks upon Ukrainian positions in Berezove and Novotroyitske while Russians 122-mm cannon artillery barrage fulfilled by the enemy at Mykolayivka; Russian troops also opened fire upon Ukrainian positions in Shyrokino from mortars of different calibers, small arms and grenade launchers; situation was not calm in Maryinka and Krasnogorivka,where Russian forces fired from mortars, armored vehicles and small arms; to this end, Russian sniper fire was spotted near Krasnogorivka;
(5) Russian forces denied access to OSCE international observers in Debaltseve, which is direct violations of the Minsk agreements;
(6) 4 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in the war zone in southeast Ukraine, 2 of them have been launched from the territory of the Russian federation;
(7) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone for the last day are as follows: 3 killed and 5 wounded (Novoazovsk, Horlivka and Debaltseve);
(8) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceman, but 7 servicemen wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.