Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of June 8, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russian armed forces continue armed provocations and ceasefire violations in southeast Ukraine, they opened fire in total 36 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, including 1 time on Luhansk direction, 17 times on Donetsk direction and 18 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces opened fire in Popasna district;
(3) Donetsk direction: situation remains tense, Russian forces released 18 shells upon Ukrainian forces near Butovka mine; in addition, a series of mortar shelling took place all across the front line; the hottest spots remain in Zaytseve and Avdiivka; as a result of Russian shelling at residential areas in Avdiivka 1 local civilian was wounded; tense situations reported on Svitlodarska line and in Horlivka area, while the area of Donetsk airport was calm; to this end, 10 Russian mortar shellings and 1 Russian artillery shelling reported on this direction over the day;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian armed forces opened mortar fire at 5 sectors, including Novotroytske, Vodyane, Lebedynske and Shyrokino; the enemy’s provocations reported all across the contact line; to this end, 6 mortar shelling reported on this direction;
(5) Russian forces’ losses in the war zone for the last day are as follows: 1 killed and 5 wounded;
(6) No lethal casualties among Ukrainian servicemen, but 7 servicemen were wounded in action in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.