Ukraine war updates on May 9, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine became worse: Russian armed forces and their militants firinge in total 15 times upon Ukrainian forces positions over the last day, including 3 times on Luhansk direction, 4 times on Donetsk direction, and 8 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy opened fire with grenade launchers upon Ukrainian troops positions in Popasna and Schastya;
(3) Donetsk direction: the enemy used small arms and grenades during firing at Ukrainian positions near Zaytseve;
in the meantime, Ukrainian positions near Luganske came under hostile Russian fire from heavy anti-tank grenade launchers; Russian forces used easel automatic grenade launchers, heavy machine guns. 82-mm mortars and forbidden by the Minsk agreements 120-mm mortars while firing at Ukrainain positions near Avdiivka;
(4) Mariupol direction: The largest number of Minsk agreements violations by the Russian forces took place on this direction; Ukrainian positions came under enemy’s 82-mm mortars and grenades fire two times near Berezove; Russians fired from anti-tank missile complexes and automatic grenade launchers upon Ukrainian positions near Chermalyk and from antiaircraft installations near Pavlopol; Shyrokino defenders were shelled by the Russian militants with the small arms;
(5) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen as well as no wounded in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours.