Ukraine war updates on May 6, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine intensified over the: Russian forces opened fire in total 13 times over the last day;
(2) Luhansk direction: the enemy fulfilled 3 armed provocations near Novooleksandrivka with the use of grenade launchers and heavy machine guns;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian armed forces and militants continue firing upon Ukrainian troops positions near Avdiivka grenade launchers and small arms;
(4) Mariupol direction: the largest number of Russian armed provocation reported there for the last day; the enemy violated ceasefire regime near Dokuchaevsk with the use of forbidden by the Minsk agreements 120-mm mortar fire as well as grenade launchers and small arms; small arms and sniper fire used by Russian armed forces near Maryinka;
(5) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen, but 1 serviceman was wounded in action in the war zone in eastern Ukraine.