NSC news & analysis center briefing at 12:30 February 03, 2016: highlights
February 3, 2016 | 13:57
News & Analysis Center of the National Security Council of Ukraine presents the latest updates from the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine on February 3, 2016 at its daily briefing.
(1) Luhansk direction: situation remains calm over the last 24 hours;
(2) Donetsk direction: tense situation all across the frontline. The enemy shelled Ukrainian armed forces position using mortars with more than 250 mines; several provocations took place near Svitlodarsk, without the use of haevy weaponry; Tense situation remained in the village of Zaitseve as a series of mortar shelling took place there yesterday; In the meantime, near Novgorodske village armosphere was calm; Tense situation reported around Donetsk airport, russian-backed militants actively used mortars as well as grenade launchers; finaly, Avdiyivka village was shelled with mortars by the russian militants;
(3) Mariupol direction: Russian militants’s attacks continued in the village of Krasnohorivka; mortars shellings three times took place there;
(4) No casualties reported among Ukrainian armed forces for the last 24 hours; but 2 Ukrainian were wounded in actions;
(5) As a result of 120-mm mortar shellings of Ukrainian armed forces positions near village of Zaytseve, Ukrainian officers immediately transfered documents which proove Minsk agrements violations by Russian militants to OSCE;
(6) 2 Russian subversives have been detained by Ukraine State Security Service’s staff;
(7) Russian-backed militant of “Prizrak” armed gang was detained in Zolote, Luhansk Oblast;
(8) Police in Dzerzhynsk confiscated 2 parcels at the post office which prevented weaponry spreading from the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine to Kyiv and to Rivnenska Oblast; another armo arsenals were also found in Krasnoarmiysk and Avdiivka;
(9) Ukrainian Navy Armed forces together with U.S. military and representatives of other countries has started Sea Breeze-2016 trainians planning stage;
(10) Ukrainian servicemen among National Guard performed tactical medicine trainings on issues related to first aid to UA servicemen wounded at the site;
(11) Ukrainian servicemen continue provide humanitarian aid to civilians living not dar from the frontline in eastern Ukraine.