News & Analysis Center of the National Security Council of Ukraine daily briefing as of January 30,2015.
The main findings are as follows.
(1) Vuhlehirsk is not controlled by militants, combat with artillery is on.
(2) Aidar will not be dissolved, documents are re-registered, stamp to be changed, another military base numbers to be assigned. Aidar is to be reinforced with manpower, equipment, is a well-reputed assault unit. Change of docs is done to avoid fraud.
(3) Comments on a series of blasts in Donetsk today: there are killed and dozens of wounded civilians, data is being clarified.
(4) Ukr artillery is not firing at resididential areas in the conflict zone. Yesterday in Donetsk militants detained subversive group moving & firing with mortars across the city.
(5) Today’s series of blasts in the conflict zone is an act of provocation aiming to disrupt the talks of Trilateral contact group in Minsk.
(6) Combat & counterbattery fire in Vuhlehirsk are on, militants keep attacking Ukrainian checkpoints. The enemy is manoeuvring.
(7) Debaltseve in controlled by Ukrainian forces, illegal armed groups keep shelling Ukrainian positions.
(8) Warns of fake info: reports on 2 Ukrainian checkpoints destroyed near Debaltseve and huge losses in manpower by Ukraine are not true.
(9) 5 Ukrainian servicemen were killed and 23 got wounded over the last 24 hours in the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine.
(10) Despite of the uncontrolled shelling from the enemy’s side all day long, ukrainian forces recovered 7 bodies of locals from the ruined building (updates as of 18:00).