Ukraine war updates on March 24, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) Russian armed forces and their proxies continue ceasefire regime violation in the warzone in eastern Ukraine with the use of forbidden by the Minsk agreements arms; they opened fire 53 times over the last 24 hours there, including 48 times on Donetsk direction and 5 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the situation was calm over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: Ukrainian positions in Yakovlyvka, Staromykhaylivka, Lozove and Donetsk airport came under Russian armed forces 82- and 120-mm mortars fire; Russian proxies near Lozove also opened fire from APCs, mortart and grenade launchers; most intensive Russian shelling upon Ukrainian armed forces positions took place near Avdyivka, Zaytseve, Mayorsk, Pisky, Opytne, Luhanske and Krasnogoryvka; the enemy actively used mortars and armored vehicles as well as sniper fire;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russians fired upon Ukrainian positions near Shyrokino, Novovyboivka and Dokuchaevsk with the use of 120-mm mortarts; Russian UAV was spotted near the settlement of Bogdanyvka; combats between Russian and Ukrainian forces took place near Novotroytske and Dokuchaevsk; 2 Russian shelling took place also there;
(5) Russian military jet MI-8, originally based in occupied Crimea violated airspace over Ukraine in Kherson Oblast near the village of Strylkove, where gas distribution station is located;
(5) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian serviceme in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, but 6 servicemen were wounded, 4 wounded in action and 2 hit a mine.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.