Ukraine war updates on March 29, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine significantly deteriorated over the last day, as Russian armed forces opened fire 72 times (!) upon Ukrainian positions with the use of forbidden by the Minsk agreements heavy arms: more than 60 times on Donetsk direction, 4 times on Mariupol direction and 2 times on Luhansk direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian enemy attacks Ukrainian armed forces positions in Popasna with the use of small arms and grenade launchers; another Russian shelling took place in the village of Bolotne, Stanycho0Luhansk district;
(3) Donetsk direction: it worth mentioned, that Russian occupiers released 230 mines upon Ukrainian troops during the last day, which is a record number since the summer 2015; Avdyivka remains the hottest spot in the Russian war map in Ukraine so far, Russian forces fired upon Ukrainian position 21 times there with the use of heavy 82-mm and 120-mm mortar launchers, and as result one civilian was wounded; Russian armed forces used forbidden 152-mm cannon artillery (!) against Ukrainian troops in Mayorsk; Ukrainian settlements of Luhanske, Zaytseve, Leninske and Mayorsk came under Russian fire, forbidden under the Minsk agreements; Ukrainian intelligence service reports that on the west of the settlement of Mineralne Russian BM-21 Grad has been deployed by the enemy; in some sectors of the front at Donetsk direction combat actions turned on around the clock, and Ukrainian troops are forces to returned fire on a regular basis; Horlivka – Yasynuvata interval of the contact line remains the only relatively quiet;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian armed forces opened fire upon Ukrainian troops in Maryinka and Shyrokino with the use of small arms and grenade launchers; Ukrainian troops returned fire and successfully repelled all Russian attacks;
(5) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian troops in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours, but 6 servicemen were wounded in action.
Follow the link to find more Ukraine war updates daily briefings.