NSC news & analysis center briefing at 12:30 February 05, 2016: highlights
February 4, 2016 | 13:08
News & Analysis Center of the National Security Council of Ukraine presents the latest updates from the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine on February 5, 2016 at its daily briefing.
(1) The situation along contact line in the war zone in Eastern Ukraine intensifies over the last day. The enemy opened fire 81 times (12 times including heavy weaponry) upon Ukrainian forces, which is a record since August 2015;
(2) Luhansk direction: the one calm direction. No shelling over the last day;
(3) Donetsk direction: second day situation remains tense all across the frontline; the most difficult situation reported in Zaytseve and Mayorsk, where the enemy shelled Ukrainian armed forces positions with the use of 160 mines; shellings continue in Donetsk airport and Svitlodarsk;
(4) Mariupol direction: situation remains tense over the last 24 hours; the enemy actively shelled with grenade launchers, which heavy wounded one civilian; on the Gnutove – Talakivka line the enemy fulfilled 3 shellings upon Ukrainian forces’s position; Ukrainian border guards detected 5 people from the enemy subversive group near Pischevyk;
(5) Casualties reported among Ukrainian armed forces for the last 24 hours: One Ukrainian servicemen KIA in Zaytseve, 2 WIA in Mayorsk, and 1 in Maryinka.