NSC news & analysis center briefing at 12:30 February 07, 2016: highlights
February 7, 2016 | 14:18
News & Analysis Center of the National Security Council of Ukraine presents the latest updates from the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine on February 7, 2016 at its daily briefing.
(1) The situation in the war zone in Eastern Ukraine remains tense over the last day, but the number of Russian forces’s shellings reportedly reduces twice. The enemy opened fire 47 times upon Ukrainian troops and continued use of heavy weaponry, i.e. mortars;
(2) Luhansk direction: ceasefire regime remains constant on this direction during several days;
(3) Donetsk direction: two provocations from the enemy’s side toward Ukrainian troop positions with the use of heavy machine guns reported on Svitlodarska line; combats took place in the north outskirts of Horlivka; the enemy fired from grenade launchers and small arms toward Ukrainian troop positions near Troitske and Novgorodske; shelling of Donetsk airport didn’t stop over the last 24 hours; the enemy was most active in Krasnogorivka and shelled with 120 mm mines (more than 82 mines) toward Ukrainian troop positions;
(4) Mariupol direction: one armed provocation took place in the village of Shyrokine; Russian snipers’s fired Ukrainian forces in Maryinka;
(5) No casualties reported among Ukrainian armed forces for the last 24 hours, 1 Ukrainian soldier was wounded.