NSC news & analysis center briefing at 12:30 February 10, 2016: highlights
February 10, 2016 | 13:10
News & Analysis Center of the National Security Council of Ukraine presents the latest updates from the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine on February 10, 2016 at its daily briefing.
(1) Luhansk direction: Russian militants shelled Ukrainian armed forces positions in Stanytsya Luganska with mortars;
(2) Donetsk direction: Combats continued; the enemy was mostly active on Zaytseve-Mayorsk direction, 82-mm mortars fire were used twice there; Russian armed forces shellings took place on Svytlodarska line and Donetsk airport;
(3) Mariupol direction: combats continues, sometimes with the use of 82-mm mortars; the enemy concentrated activities in Maryinka, where 4 Russian snipers shellings took place yesterday; at the same time, the enemy conducted provocation from the village of Oleksandryvka toward Maryinka checkpont controlled by Ukrainian forces; combats also took place near Talakyvka and Shyrokyne, where the enemy fulfilled 5-hours shelling upon Ukrainain positions; 82-mm mortars were used 4 times by the enemy there;
(4) No casualties among Ukrainian armed forces over the last day;
(5) Russian militant from DPR detained by Ukrainian security services staff in Kostyantynyvka (remains under Ukrainian forces control);
(6) COMBATLIFESAVER trainings for Ukrainian armed forces continue. During 2-years programme 27 thousands of Ukrainain servicemen have been trained;
(7) Civilian bus hit a mine near Maryinka checkpoint in Donetsk Pblast this morning, 4 civilians among 5 passangers died, 3 at the site, one more person – on the way to the hospital.