Russia – Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 20, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Russia’s hybrid forces opened fire 49 times upon Ukrainian troops over the last day, including 5 times on Luhansk direction, 27 times on Donetsk direction and 17 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian forces used heavy 82-mm mortars against Ukrainian troops in Stanytsya Luhanska; the enemy used grenade launchers fire in Zhovte and Zolote; tp this end, Russian small arms have been used by Russian occupiers in Popasna;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian hybrid forces released 250 mines against Ukrainian troops all over the front line; the enemy also used heavy artillery 2 times near Svitlodarsk and Zaytseve; Russian forces violated ceasefire regime 4 times in Avdiivka; in addition, Russian shelling reported in Zaytseve round the clock; the enemy opened fire with 122-mm artillery and later released 60 mines of 82-mm and 120-mm calibers in Svitlodarsk; Russian occupiers also fired with forbidden 120-mm and 82-mm mortars in Pisky and Butrovka mine;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces opened fire with 82-mm and 120-mm mortars, grenade launchers and machine guns of various large calibers upon Ukrainian troops in Maryinka, Vodyane and Shyrokine; Russian endless firing from grenade launchers and small arms took place in Hnutove and Novotroytske; Russian occupiers used APCs fire at Starognativka and Shyrokino; the enemy shelling from heavy 122-mm artillery reported in Berezove; to this end, Russian sniper fire reported in Hnutove;
(5) 2 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in Donetsk Oblast, the war zone in eastern Ukraine during the last day;
(6) Russian hybrid forces losses in the war zone in eastern Ukraine during the period of August 18-19: 24 killed and 37 wounded;
(7) 1 Ukrainian serviceman was killed in action and 4 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.