Russia – Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of August 31, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) The situation in the war zone in eastern Ukraine remains tense. Russian hybrid forces opened fire 75 times upon Ukrainian troops positions over the last day, including: 26 on Luhansk direction, 24 on Donetsk direction and 25 on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: the use of Russian heavy artillery reported in Novozvanivka and Novooleksandrivka, where the enemy released about 50 shells of 152-mm caliber; in addition, the enemy released 25 artillery shells upon Ukrainian troops in Popasna; Russian occupiers fired with mortars, grenade launchers and small arms in Novooleksandrivka and Stanytsya Luhanska; the enemy opned fire from forbidden 120-mm mortas in Schastya and Zhovte and used grenade launchers and machine guns in Novozvanivka, Krymske and Zolote;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian occupiers used forbidden artillery fire two times in Novgorodske; the enemy also used 120-mm mortars in Verkhnyotoretske and Pisky; Rissian occupiers fired with 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers, high caliber machine guns upon Ukrainian positions in Avdiivka, Luhanske, Zaytseve and Pisky; the enemy used 82-mm mortars in Svitlodarsk, grenade launchers and small arms in Mayorsk and infantry combat vehicles in Luhanske and Zaytseve;
(4) Mariupol direction: Russian forces actively used heavy weaponry on this direction; the enemy shelled with 122-mm artillery upon Krasnogorivka and released more than 50 shells during 1 hour there; in the meantime, the enemy released 50 shells from the heaviest 152-mm artillery cannons and 80 mines from APCs upon Ukrainin troops in Shyrokine; Russian occupiers fired from forbidden 120-mm mortars at Vodyane, Hnutove and Lebedynske; the enemy also used 82-mm mortars, grenade launchers, high caliber machine guns and small arms in Shyrokino; Russian mortar firinf also reported in Krasnogorivka, Talakivka and Taramchuk; Russian occupiers used grenade launchers, high caliber machine guns, small arms and APCs fire in Maryinka; Russian sniper fire reported in Hnutove and Maryinka;
(5) 5 Russian UAVs were spotted over the sky in the war zone in eastern Ukraine for the last day on Luhansk and Mariupol directions;
(6) Russia’s armed forces and their proxies losses in the war zone in eastern Ukraine over the last 24 hours: 3 killed and 8 wounded;
(7) 1 Ukrainian servicemen were killed in action and 9 servicemen were wounded in action in the war zone in southeast Ukraine over the last 24 hours.