Russia – Ukraine war updates from the war zone in southeast Ukraine as of September 3, 2016 by ATO HQ operational data and Presidential Administration spokesman on ATO issues briefing: EMPR highlights.
(1) Despite of the recent Minsk agreements, Russian hybrid forces violated ceasefire regime in the war zone in eastern Ukraine 11 times over the last 24 hours. In particular, the enemy opened fire upon Ukrainian troops positions 2 times on Luhansk direction, 1 times on Donetsk direction and 8 times on Mariupol direction;
(2) Luhansk direction: Russian occupiers attacks reported in Popasna district; in particular, the enemy fired with automatic grenade launcher systems in Boguslavske as well as used small arms in Novooleksandrivka;
(3) Donetsk direction: Russian forces launched 1-hour attack in Avdiivka industrial area with the use of forbidden 120-mm mortar launchers, grenade launchers and small arms;
(4) Mariupol direction: Maryinka, Starognativka, Vodyane and Shyrokine reported as the hottest spots on this direction, where Russian fire was actively used over the last 24 hours; in particular, Russian occupiers fired with grenade launchers and high caliber machine guns in Shyrokine as well as used small arms in Maryinka, Starognativka and Vodyane; to this end, Russian sniper fire was also spotted in Maryinka;
(5) 1 Russian UAV was spotted over the sky in between Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts yesterday;
(6) Despite of mentioned above numerous armed provocations from the Russia’s forces side, Ukrainian regular armed forces did not return fire over the last day;
(7) No lethal casualties reported among Ukrainian servicemen in the war zone in southeast Ukraine as well as no Ukrainian servicemen was wounded in action over the last 24 hours.